About Russ Hanson,
M.Photog., Cr., CPP
Hanson's images have shaped how people look at North
Dakota, the land, the people, the
businesses, for more than 25 years. His photographs have appeared in magazines, books and
advertisements illustrating everything from the golden drama of wheat fields at sunset to
industrial products, fashion, food and all kinds of industrial equipment.
Russ, a graduate of Southern Illinois University in photography and cinema, holds
the Master of Photography and Craftsman degrees awarded by Professional Photographers of
America; he is also a PPA-certified professional photographer. His studio in Fargo, N.D.,
provides both commercial photo services and video production for industrial and
a president of the Northern Light Chapter (the Dakotas, Minnesota and Manitoba)
of Professional Photographers of America and Professional
Photographers of North Dakota.
Award for excellence and
service to the industry,
Professional Photographers of
North Dakota, 2001; Northern
Light Region, PPA, 2002
- American Society of Photographers
- PPA Loan Collection 1998,
- Fuji Masterpiece Awards, 1998, 1999
- Photographer of the Year, North Dakota Professional Photographers, 1988, 1991. Top
commercial/industrial print award, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1994,
1995, 1999, 2002
- Kodak Gallery Awards, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996 including
selections for display at national PPA
- Northern Light International Masters Award, 1994.
- Regional commercial/industrial photographer of the year, 1988, 1991 and 1994.
- Best of show (color), Outdoor Writers of America, wildlife photography.
Ask Russ a question